Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Race Weekend

Finishing strong



     This past weekend my husband and I both raced.  He did his on Friday night in Matt's Mile and 5K, a run to benefit 12 Oaks Foundation.  The race is held in our neighborhood.  What started as a joke on our homeowners' email list turned into my husband raising over $1500 for 12 Oaks.  Not only did he have a good time but he ran his best 5K ever.  Here are some links to his story:  http://grayslake.patch.com/articles/matt-s-mile
http://grayslake.patch.com/articles/m-8fd3a0af

Coming around the bend the first time

Getting dark on the second loop
Running with coach Matt



     My race was on Sunday.  I ran my first marathon.  I did the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon.  I chose this one versus Chicago as it is a much smaller race.  For my first one I didn't want that huge crowd.  The course was flat, mostly, with lots to see.  The leaves were gorgeous colors which really helped to not think about the pain.  

     I didn't do as well as I wanted but only by about 5 minutes and I felt good at the end which I think is even more important.  I will probably do another but it is a lot of training.  

Sunset

Sunset
     Now time to recover and get ready for the Lincolnwood Turkey Trot and our duathlon in San Antonio in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment