Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Cotton Fun Camp

Ellen and her skirt


     Last week was Summer Cotton Fun camp.  I had four girls and we made several items from cotton fabrics for the girls to wear as an outfit.  I found them on Pinterest and have them pinned to my board.  It has been great fun finding things that I think the girls will enjoy sewing.

Hayley and her skirt
  

     The first thing we made was a fun ruffled skirt.  None of the girls had done gathering before so this was a great learning opportunity for them.  A few mishaps with threads breaking or coming out but they all turned out great.

Katie and her skirt


     Next was a headband.  We did some trying on of the sample I had made and then we adjusted the length of elastic so they each fit perfectly.

Ellen and her headband

Hayley and her headband


     Next up was a reversible bucket purse with a detachable flower.  Because we were ahead of schedule I decided to let the girls monogram their purses.  They chose the style of letter, serif or sans serif from the built in fonts and then the color thread.  I also let them choose where they wanted the letter to be positioned.  They had a blast watching the machine stitch their initial.

Reversible bucket purses


     Wednesday evening I went onto Pinterest again to find another project that they could make using the materials they already had.  I found a cute wrist pouch.  The girls chose zippers from my stash and then we went to work on the pouches.  Not having made it myself we had a couple of mishaps putting it together but nothing that a seam ripper couldn't fix.  

Hayley and her wrist pouch

Katie's wrist pouch

Cara and Ellen's wrist pouches


     It was so much fun having Cara, Ellen, Hayley and Katie in class.  They are all great girls hard workers and so very talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment