Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

After School Classes Starting Back Up

Julia and her layered skirt


    My after school classes started back up on Monday.  It has been a bit of a rough start.  I have four classes and all are full, at least I thought they were.

     First I get an email from Julia's mom that she won't be able to come on her scheduled day, Tuesday, because of a track meet.  She asked if she could drop in another day.  I had to tell her that was impossible since all my days are full.  A few hours later I get a phone call from one of my other mms that one of her daughters is sick and won't be able to make it that afternoon, Monday.

     I shot off a quick email to Julia's mom to tell her I now have an opening and Julia is welcome to come.  That worked out well and Julia finally finished her layered skirt that she had been working on for most of the spring.  She was really happy to have finished it.

     One of my new girls did not show up Monday and I have not heard from her mom at all.  I'm hoping that things are okay.

     On Tuesday I got an email from another mom that her daughter was sick and not going to be able to make it to class.  At the appointed time Greta shows up and starts to work on the project she didn't finish during summer camp.  We keep waiting for Izzy to show up but she never does.

     I send off another email inquiry regarding a missing student and then decide to send a reminder email to the rest of my students.  I'm sure with the start of school and the crazy hot weather we are having that the emails I sent out a week ago were lost in the shuffle.  Hoping to have my full sets of students the next two days.

     My husband and I are gearing up for our century bike ride in 11 days.  This past Sunday we did 90 miles with a break for a chocolate shake at around 50 miles.  I'm hoping the weather will cooperate for our 100 miler.

No comments:

Post a Comment