Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Pile of Pillows May 2014



     I just finished up a couple of sets of pillows for a client.  She recently bought a new home and is working with a decorator to furnish it.  I have had the pleasure of sewing all the pillows.  Next I will be working on the window treatments.

 

     This pretty turquoise Ikat pillow has a self covered cord.  It was fun choosing which motif to highlight on the pillow.  I chose a different one for the back to mix things up a bit.



     On these grey pillows I chose different motifs to highlight on the fronts.  This makes them match without being identical.  They have a small trim cord on the edges.



     This orange tweed fabric has a self covered cord.  Since this fabric was more of an upholstery weight I didn't need to interline it like the previous two pillows.




     These blue velvet pillows have a knife edge with braided trim on top.  I made a 'frame' of the trim and mitered the corners.  Then I stitched in on with an matching thread before assembling the pillows.




     These grey chenille pillows are a Sunbrella fabric so they will hold up well.  They just have a knife edge finish.




     This basketweave fabric makes for some interesting looking pillows without a print.  These have a trim on top with brush fringe on the edges.  The brush fringe makes for such a lush looking pillow.




     These gold chenille like pillows have an interesting trim on the edge.  The trim is a woven tube around hard plastic beads.  It was not easy to sew because you couldn't get too close to the beads with the zipper foot and they were too big to use the cording foot.

     I had a lot of fun sewing these pillows.  Next up are her window treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment