Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Busy May



     It has been a crazy month so far.  The weather is finally starting to get a bit warmer so now it is a race to get everything planted in the garden.  Add to that, our training is picking up also.  Longer bike rides and runs on the weekends and even sometimes during the week.  One week I was on my bike every day either in a class or out on the road first thing in the morning.


Colton 14 1/2 months

      I also had the privilege to babysit my grandson (16 mos old) a couple of times these past two weeks.  One day I picked him up from his daycare because both his mom and dad had to work late.  We spent some time playing and then he joined me in my studio while I was teaching.  He ate his snack nicely in his high chair and then got out and played with blocks for the rest of the class.  He was a bit of a distraction but not much.

     Yesterday my daughter came by with him after she was done teaching.  I got to play with him for a few minutes before my students came.  While I was teaching my husband made dinner and my daughter started him eating.  When I was done teaching I supervised the end of his dinner while his mommy got dressed to go out to a retirement dinner for some f her fellow teachers.  We played outside and then came in to play some more.  I read him a couple of books and then it was jammie and bottle time.  It took a bit to get him settled to sleep.  Finally I was able to eat my dinner and then get started on some housework.  Such a joy being a grandma.

     Work lately has been a series of smaller projects.  Trying to balance end of school sewing classes and get ready for summer camps.

Dock Popsie bed


     This is a photo of a blanket and pillow I made for a client.  It was a shower present for her daughter and son-in-law who own a boat.  I had previously stitched their boat logo on sweatshirts for them.  Here I did the logo on a pillow I made and then on a purchased blanket.  I was concerned that the thin lettering would get lost in the nap of the blanket so we opted for a patch of the pillow fabric stitched onto the corner of the blanket.  Made for a really nice made up bed in their cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment