Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hawaiian Shirt



     When we were in Hawaii to cheer on our coach at Kona Ironman we did some sight seeing and fabric shopping.  I found several stores via the web.  After visiting just one I had enough fabric for several projects.

     The first thing I have finished is this Hawaiian shirt.  I bought 3 yards of fabric which I knew was more than I needed but it allowed me to do some fussy cutting so I could get the pattern placed just so.



     One example is the pocket on the front.  I cut it so it exactly matched the fabric underneath.  Except for the stitching line you can hardly see it.  For the sleeves I chose the same motif in the pattern for the center of each one.  On the front I balanced the dark and light parts so it wasn't too light or dark.  If I had only bought the amount I needed I would not have been able to do this.



     Another thing I like to do in my garments or purses is put my monogram.  Here it is on the back facing in a matching thread so it just blends in.  I have this monogram stored in my embroidery machine's memory so I can do it at a moments notice.



     The pattern I chose was the camp shirt from the Cutting Line Designs pattern.  I had made it previously and liked how it fit.  The directions are very detailed so it is easy to follow along though I am not too fond of the method she uses to set in the sleeves.

     Looking forward to some warmer weather so I can wear it.  I will mostly wear it as a jacket during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment