Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas 2014 is Over

Our table set for Christmas dinner



     Well Christmas is over.  I have most of the decorations down in anticipation of hosting our grandson's 2 year birthday party at the house on Saturday.  We had a wonderful Christmas with my side of the family on Christmas day.  Our three children, their two spouses, one grandchild plus my mom, my brother and his wife and three of my nieces and nephews all came for dinner.  It was so nice that we were all able to sit at the table in the dining room for dinner.  I used a mix of Christmas china and plain white china to set the table.  I also used my mom's crystal that she did not take with her when she moved into a retirement apartment.


Snowman towels for the sisters and brother.



     A couple of days later we celebrated Christmas with my husband's side of the family at our son and daughter-in-law's house.    Again our children and their spouse and child were there as well as his two sisters and their spouses were there as well as his nephew and niece, with her boyfriend.  Our daughter-in-law made a wonderful meal for us all, even after working all day.  I heard my son helped a bit.

Some of the clear zippered cases for the nieces and nephews.


     I made the snowman towels for the siblings and the clear zipper cases for the nieces and nephews. Everything was done on the embroidery machine.  Some of it I had started last year right after Christmas but then it all got put on the back burner when gardening season started.  I hope to start on gifts for next Christmas next week after all the decorations and such are cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment