Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Baby Gifts

Bear blankie from Embroidery Garden


     Last week our granddaughter was born.  I had been working on some things for our newest grandchild to wear home from the hospital.  At the time we didn't know if it was going to be a boy or a girl so I made generic type items.

Sleep sack with duckie appliqué

Blanket with giraffe appliqué

Bib with lamb appliqué

Hat from MaCall's pattern


     I made a sleeper without feet because the last time I made one for our grandson it was too big so I thought this would be a better choice.  I also made a hat, bib and a warm blanket.  The blanket is knit fabric on one side and fleece on the other side.  It has a different appliqué on each corner.

Bear applique

Bunny applique

Duck applique 

Giraffe applique 

Lamb applique


Elephant applique



    The designs are fromA baby Animal Pack (appliqué) from Embroidery Library.  I used scraps of fabric to create the appliqués.  They really are cute.

Receiving blanket


     After our granddaughter was born I made a bear blankie from Embroidery Garden.  I had started some of it before she was born and then added the pink binding to the blanket piece and some ribbon roses from my stash.  A little girl named Margaret Rose needs some roses on her things.  I also made a receiving blanket with all her info.  Before she was born I had bought fabric for both a boy and a girl blanket and had it all pre-washed just waiting for the outcome.  As a result I had these presents ready to go when we visited them at home on Sunday just a few days after her birth.

Book used for sleep sack

Pattern used for hat and bib


     I used these patterns for her going home outfit.  First time I have used the Sewing for Baby book since I got it years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment