Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Truck Blanket

Truck blanket for Cltn

     I made a quick blanket for my grandson.  After his sister was born I thought he needed a gift too.  I had flannel left from his pajama bottoms and still lots of red knit in my stash.

Corner showing decorative stitching


     I had bought the truck appliqué designs from Embroidery Library.  I had put the dump truck on his pajamas and now used the other designs for his blanket.

Crane


     I determined the size by how much flannel I had left.  I cut both pieces the same size but did not round the corners right away.  After printing two of each of the die line patterns I cut out the shapes from the paper.  I had to print two of each because of the overlapping pieces.

Bulldozer


     I sprayed 202, a temporary adhesive for paper patterns, on the back of the pattern piece.  Then I placed in on the top of the felt and cut out the appliqué pieces.  I then used 505, another temporary adhesive, on the back of the felt to put in onto the knit fabric after stitching out the placement line.

Steamroller, used Ultrasuede for the rollers


     After doing all the embroideries I decided to add his name.  I used the Crafty Cut letters that I used on the flag for the first letter of his name and then found a similar font in my embroidery software and added the rest of his name.

   
Center of blanket



     After removing all the stabilizer I placed right sides of the fabric together and then rounded the corners.  Pinned it all together, stitched it with a 1/2" seam allowance, leaving a 4-5 inch opening, and turned it right side out and pressed the edges.


Back and front



    I used a decorative stitch to stitch all the way around and close up the opening.  A fun project for my grandson.

No comments:

Post a Comment