Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Baby Boy Quilt for Aiden


Block detail


   
     I like to have a quilt on hand to give when someone has a new baby.  I have been making baby quilts from a quick pattern that uses just a yard of three different fabrics.  It is Pathways, A Three Yard Quilt.  The cutting is pretty easy and all the blocks are the same so it goes together quickly.  This one for a boy I used some fun hippo fabric.  Usually I use the same fabric for the binding and the second border.  This time I found this fun polka dot that picked up all the colors and worked well with the flannel I found for the backing.


Label one


     To be prepared for a new baby I will make the quilt top, have it quilted and then make a label for who pieced it and who quilted it.  I will then sew on the binding by machine and then the final hand stitching is completed except for one lower corner.

Bubbles quilting detail


     After the baby is born, I will stitch out another label with all their statistics and stitch it in place.  I will then do the final hand sewing.  It is so fun to be able to give a personalized quilt soon after the birth.

Bay boy quilt for Aiden


    This one I had ready to go (note the unfinished binding on the left side).  My daughter's friend found out that there was another baby for adoption and he was born in November.  He joined his big sister who had just been born in January.  Welcome to the world Aiden.

     I currently have two more quilts at the quilter, but they are already spoken for.  One is going to be for my great-niece and the other for my grandson.  They are due in March and April.   Need to work on two more to have ready for any other babies that decide to join our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment