Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Baby Boy Shower Gifts Part 2

Finished one month onesie


     For my son and daughter-in-law's baby shower I made several items.  Read here for the going home outfit I made for him.

Ironing on the circle using a mini-iron and sleeve board


     This week I will share the onesies I embroidered for him.  I bought four packs of onesies in four different sizes, 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months and 12 months.

Getting ready to stitch


     The smallest shirts were the hardest to do, thankfully I have my 6 needle machine that has a free arm.

One, two and three month onesies


     I ironed on fusible mesh stabilizer to the back of each onesie.  I then hooped it and stitched out the placement circle.  I ironed on the appliqué circle which I had backed with fusible web.

Four, five and six month onesies


     To get the circle, I printed out the template with my software and then traced it onto the fusible web and cut out 12 circles.  I ironed these to the wrong side of 12 different fabrics and cut out my circles.  I then chose coordinating thread colors for each one.

Seven, eight and nine month onesies


   I had a ton of fun choosing the fabrics from my scraps and playing with the thread.

Ten, eleven and twelve month onesies


     I love how they all turned out so different.  I bought the designs from Embroidery Library.

All packed up for gift giving


     I got them all rolled up and placed nicely in a box to make a great presentation, that is unless it gets opened up upside down and all dumped on the floor :-)  Truly a labor of love from an excited grandma.

2 comments:

  1. So much thoughtfulness and work--only a loving Grandma would do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna. I was a lot of fun choosing the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete