Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Reunion Pillows

Finished pillows



     Recently a friend in a business group was going to be going to her class reunion.  She was part of the planning committee and wanted something to show her appreciation of the help she had gotten from the others on the committee.

Printed fabric from Spoonflower


     When I was talking about a recent conference I had gone to, I told them about Spoonflower, a company that prints custom fabric.  This sparked her imagination and she came up with an idea to make small pillows for everyone.

Detail of fabric


     She uploaded the school logo that she got from their website and designed the fabric.  She also had a solid color fabric printed to match the background of the logo panel.

Cut square for pillow


     I pressed the fabric and then cut it into the appropriate sized square to make her pillows.  I then cut the solid fabric into squares.  There was not enough fabric for me to cut an extra piece so I could do the zipper on the back,  I had to place the zipper in the bottom seam.

Pressing bottom edge


     I pressed under a half inch on the bottom of the fronts and backs and then sewed the zipper onto these edges.  Then I sewed up the three sides and it was time to stuff the forms inside.

Ready to stuff


     In retrospect I think next time I would have chosen to skip the zipper and just sew the opening closed on a small (10 x 10) pillow like this.  Because these were just fun quick gifts I skipped the lining and serging I usually do on all my pillows.  She loved the pillows and it was fun to work with something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment