Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Baby Boy Shower Gifts

Burp cloth



     For my son and daughter-in-law's baby shower I made a going home outfit for the baby.  Since we knew it was going to be a boy I was able to make things in blue.

Double sided blanket


     The theme for the shower and the baby's room is 'Oh the Places We Will Go' with an emphasis on hot air balloons.

Bunny embroidery


    I Googled hot air balloon embroidery and found a great set at Designs by JuJu.  I placed a design on each of the four corners of a double sided blanket I made.

Giraffe embroidery


     I used a blue knit fabric for one side plus the sleeper and hat.  I used a white knit fabric for the other side of the blanket.  That is the side I used for the embroideries.

Hippo embroidery


     I also embroidered a burp cloth.  That was mostly to test stitch a design.  I did have a minor problem with some of the last stitches but that was due to a thread getting caught I believe and throwing the design slightly out of whack.

Monkey embroidery


     The designs stitched out great and I had a lot of fun choosing the fabrics for the appliqué.

Sleeper with kitty embroidery and hat


     I chose the kitty cat in the balloon for the sleeper because they have a kitty at home.  I also had to use the monkey one because after our son was born we called him monkey toes.

Pattern used


     The pattern I used was from my stash, I don't know how long I have even had it.  This was just part of his present.  In the next few weeks I will write about the other items I embroidered for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment