Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Birthday Banner

Finished banner



     A couple of years ago on my way up to my quilting retreat, I bought a couple of kits to make these birthday banners.  They are meant to tie on the back of the birthday guest's chair.

Kit I bought


     I got this one made for my grandson's third birthday.  It was great to have a kit with all the little things I needed.

Book with the patterns


     I did need to also buy the book that had the pattern.  The hardest part I think was all the tracing of the pieces.  Of course the stitching around the little pieces was slow work also.

Girl version


     I also bought the kit for the girl version.  I did not make it for my granddaughter's first birthday, they are a bit too messy at that one;-)

Messy granddaughter enjoying her first birthday cake


     I will work on getting it done for birthday number two for her but now I must finish a couple of things for grandson number two who was born yesterday.

Close-up of the banner

No comments:

Post a Comment