Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Easter Basket and Halloween Buckets

Colton's Halloween tote


     I saw these cute buckets on the Sew for Less website and decided to get them for my grandkids.  The Easter ones are gingham on the outside and the ones for Halloween are vinyl on the outside.

Maggie's Halloween Tote


     When I went to embroider the Halloween ones, I could not hoop them. I tried and tried but the vinyl was just too stiff along with the cardboard bottom.  I wound up taking apart the bucket tote so I could hoop just the vinyl outer part.  That made it a lot easier to embroider but also meant it took a lot longer to finish the project.


Colton's Easter 'basket'

   

     The Easter ones I was able to hoop the tote without any problem.  They have the same stiff bottom and vinyl inside but I think the softer fabric outside is what made the difference.


Maggie's Easter 'basket"



     I did not need to add any stabilizer as they were firm enough.  The nice thing is on the Halloween ones, no stitching shows on the inside while you can see the back side of the stitching on the Easter ones.  Not sure that the kids really care as long as there is candy inside ;-)


Hooped Easter bucket tote


     Here are the links to the Halloween designs and the Easter Designs.  These were fun and I can't wait to do another set for our soon to be born grandson.

No comments:

Post a Comment