Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Grandson's Pants

Pocket pants for my grandson




     For my grandson's third birthday I made him a pair of pocket pants.  Many years ago I made a couple of pairs for my nephews one year for Christmas.  They enjoyed them then so I thought my grandson would enjoy them now especially since he loves putting his cars into his pockets.

     I went through my stash of fabric and found some black fleece  and black ribbing.  I also found this sports ball flannel.  There wasn't enough to make him a pair of pajamas so I used it for the pockets.  Instead of ribbing at the top of the pocket, I cut the pocket double with a fold at the top.

     The pants fit him but are very voluminous.  Next time I think I will eliminate some of the fabric in the front and back panels to make them a little less bulky.

      My daughter told me when he put them on the next day, he immediately filled the pockets with his cars and trains.  She said he looked quite silly and the pants were threatening to fall off since they were so heavy.

Pattern used

No comments:

Post a Comment