Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Barilla T-shirt Quilt

Finished quilt



     I had another t-shirt quilt to make for a client.  This one was a bit unusual in that they wanted to have sashing strips.  Lately my requests have been for just the t-shirts in the quilt top.

Lanyards


     After deciding on the t-shirts, a request was made to add the lanyards to the quilt top and then also some pompoms from the tops of knit caps.

Knit cap


     I cut the lanyards and stitched them to the horizontal sashing strips using invisible thread.  The pompoms I hand stitched in the four corners.

Detail of sashing strip with lanyard


     The back was fleece and I stitched around each of the t-shirt squares to tack it all together.  Another t-shirt quilt but with a bit of a twist this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment