Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Stained T-shirt, Oh My

Embroidery design



     A while back, my mom got herself a few new t-shirts.  After wearing one of them to dinner she managed to drop some barbecue sauce on it.  Despite getting it washed right away, the stain did not come out.  Of course she really liked the color of this t-shirt.

OOPS


     I offered to embroider something over the stain.  My first thought was to do a series of designs that would go up to the left shoulder.  The stain was a little too much in the center to just do a left chest placement. When looking through my stash of designs, I came across this bluebird border from Embroidery Library.  I thought this work work great as as center placement that would cover the stain.

Stitching the design


     I printed out a template of the design to be sure it would work.  I marked the t-shirt then with pins, ironed on a mesh stabilizer and hooped some sticky paper.  I placed the shirt on the hoop and checked my placement.  I then floated some tearaway stabilizer under the shirt because I knew this design would be rather dense.

All finished


     Well over an hour later with multiple threads changes, the t-shirt was done.  Some pressing from the back and my mom now has a beautiful new, unstained t-shirt to wear once again.

2 comments: