Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2017

T-shirt for Colton

Thomas t-shirt


     For my grandson's fourth birthday I made him a t-shirt.  Like most little boys, he loves Thomas.

Piece cut from sheet


     I had made him a cot sheet for school from a top sheet that mom had bought.  I kept the leftover fabric, of course.

Ready to fuse in place


     I cut one of the squares from the sheet and fused heavy duty Wonder Under to the back.  This is the no sew kind.

Front ready for construction


     I then carefully cut around the engine design and ironed it to the front piece of the t-shirt.  The fabric was from my stash and the neck band was from a t-shirt I had cut up to make a quilt.

Pattern used


     I used the Kwik-Sew book for the pattern, tracing out the size four.  After that the construction went quickly.

Tapes used to make it easier


     I used the fusible bias tape to stabilize the shoulders and the double sided fusible to hold the hems in place while I stitched them with the cover stitch.  I love my Babylock serger that also has the cover stitch.  The right tools help make projects sew up quickly and neatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment