Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Sweatshirt Pillows

Sweatshirt pillows


     A client had several sweatshirts that her mom had embroidered.  No-one was going to wear the sweatshirts but she really liked the embroidery and wanted to share with other family members.

Scarecrow pillow

     She opted for pillows to be able to enjoy the embroidery.  We chose a rectangular form to go along with the more horizontal nature of the designs.  Because the designs were placed closer to the neck, I was not able to center them in the pillow.  I did cut as close as possible to the neck opening to bring the design as close as I could to the middle.

Shamrock pillow

     After cutting the front apart from the back, I applied iron-on interfacing  to the back, the same as when I do my t-shirt quilts.  I then cut the shape for the front.  With limited fabric for the back, I only did a single fold over for the opening flap.  Since it is a knit fabric, it is not going to ravel.

Snowmen pillow

     I did an overlap opening in the back to make it easy to remove the insert for washing when necessary.  What a fun way to preserve some memories.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you . The pillows are beautiful. I gave one each to my sister and to my brother. I love that I have something physical to hug when I am missing my mom.

    ReplyDelete