Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A Quilt for Conrad


Finished quilt

     Last month three new babies were born in our extended family.  Our daughter-in-law's sister and sister-in-law all had babies.  Since we knew ahead of time what their gender was going to be, I was able to get some quilts made up so when they were born I just needed to add labels.

Quilt block detail

      Kate's sister had a little boy, her second.  I used the same pattern for this quilt as I did for her first.  That pattern is Pathways, A Three Yard Quilt.  This is so easy to buy the fabric for since you need 3 one yard pieces that coordinate with another half yard for the binding.  I usually match the binding to the final border.  I then get flannel for the backing.

Quilting detail

     I like when the thread I choose for the quilting shows the pattern on the back of the quilt.  It makes the back as interesting as the front.

Label with piecer and quilter

     The first label I put on is the info of the piecer, me, and the quilter.  After the baby is born I then can add the label that has their name plus all their birth info.

Baby info label

     This is my way of welcoming new family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment