Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Thanksgiving Meal 2018

Cranberry Jalapeno Dip

     We hosted Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.  There were 18 of us plus one infant.  I started with a veggie tray, some pretzels and this awesome Cranberry Jalapeño Dip.  My husband declared it one of the best appetizers I have made.

Roasted Butternut Squash and Bacon Soup
   

     The first course was Roasted Butternut Squash and Bacon Soup.  I finally bought myself an immersion blender.  Made making the soup so much easier.  I cheated and bought already cut-up squash.  It helped so much not having to peel and cut that up along with everything else.

Green Beans with Cranberries and Walnuts

     The meat this year was beef roast as I do not like turkey or ham.  The sides included Green Beans with Cranberries and Walnuts, Squash Casserole and Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Mash.  I like using Pinterest to find new recipes.

Squash Casserole

     Our daughter-in-law also made a cranberry relish using Jell-O.  It was really good.  I wasn't too fond of the green beans dish but the squash and sweet potatoes were really good.

Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Mash

     I did not have any topping on my sweet potatoes like the photo shows, the recipe didn't call for anything and several family members don't like or are allergic to nuts.  I made the green beans with one bowl only with nuts, the other had none.


Acorns for dessert


     For dessert we had Hershey Kiss Acorns that my daughter and her two kids made, Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle that I made and sweet potato brownies that my older son made.  It was all yummy.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle

No comments:

Post a Comment