Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Fall Floral Blouse

Fabric

     For a fall style challenge I did with GYPO a floral blouse was on the list.  I had bought this fabric at JoAnn Fabrics.  It is a light silky fabric with all my colors.  This would be my blouse for the challenge.

Pattern

     The pattern I chose was this McCall's pattern.  It is very similar in style to a couple of Coldwater Creek blouses that I have and love.

Fabric detail

     The fabric was a bit difficult to work with as it was quite slippery.  I got it all cut and then started putting it together.  I had a heck of a time doing the neck opening.  Not sure if it was the fabric or the directions.  I have been sewing for a long time and this had me stumped.  After several attempts I finally got it to look okay.

Poor directions with no steps for setting in the sleeve

     Things went better after that.  I prepared the sleeves as the directions stated and then moved on to the next steps.  As I was going to do the hem, I realized that at no point in the directions did it ever say to set in the sleeves.  Fortunately that is a rather straight forward process so it was just fine.  I wonder thought what a beginner might have done.

Finished blouse

     I did close up the neck opening some with some hand stitching otherwise I felt it would have shown too much.

Sleeve detail

     I found some buttons in my stash that worked great for the roll up button tab.

Neckline detail

     After putting it on, it felt longer than my other blouses and longer than it looked on the pattern envelope.  Also I feel like it is a little too roomy.  

     Not sure I would make this pattern again, between the poor directions and the not so flattering fit, it is not going on my must do it again list.

No comments:

Post a Comment