Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Sammy Stocking 2

Hanging by our fireplace


     This week I am showing you the second stocking I did for the newest grandchild.  This one is to hang at his house.

Cutting apart the jeans

     I started with a pair of my husband's old jeans.  Grandpa's jeans make the best stockings for the grandsons.

Cut leg

     I cut off the legs, one below the pockets and the other at the large rip in the front.

Pattern placed for the front of the stocking

     I placed the pattern for the front of the stocking on the longer leg piece.  I did have to turn it upside down to get the best layout.

Traced pattern

     I then traced around the pattern piece with my Chac-o-liner.  This left the piece big enough to hoop for the embroidery.

Templates in place

     I then laid out the printed templates and marked the crosshairs for design placement.  I hooped the jean leg three times and stitched out each design.

Cutting the back of the stocking

     While I was stitching out the embroidery designs from Embroidery Library, I cut out the back part of the stocking and the lining pieces.


     I also cut a piece of felt for the cuff and embroidered his name on it.  I sewed the lining pieces, right sides together, the outer pieces, right sides together and the short ends of the cuff piece, right sides together.


     I then tucked the lining into the stocking with wrong sides facing.  I added a loop made from the hem of the jeans to the top and then tucked the cuff into the stoking with the right side facing the lining.  I stitched all around the top and then flipped the cuff to the outside.


     All ready now to hang by the fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment