Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Another T-shirt Quilt

Quilt design layout

      A few months ago I had someone come to me for their second t-shirt quilt.  They had won the previous on that I donated to a raffle/auction.  When her other son saw the finished project, he decided that he wanted one also.

Finished top pinned to fleece backing

     Her son and her made up a layout and sent me the photo.  When she dropped off the shirts, we had to tweak it a little because of the fact that one of them was a polo shirt which isn't as easy to use in this quilt.

Trimming the backing

     I took part the shirts, pieced the two squares that needed to be done.  I then stabilized everything and cut them to size.  Sewed them with a 1/2 inch seam allowance and pressed all the seams open.  Then I pinned it to the fleece backing and trimmed it to size.  I stitched around, leaving an opening for turning.  Turned it right side out, and stitched close to the edge all around.  I did small crosses on in the ditch stitches at all the corners.

Finished quilt

     Her son was happy with his new blanket.  Is your child the next one?  I can teach you how to make your own or I can do it for you.  Contact me at celeste@sewmuchfun.biz

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful project! Both practic and fun. NIce idea and great work.

    ReplyDelete