Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Joyful Hearts Quilt

Finished quilt

     I bought the fabric for this quilt at a quilt show in April of 2016 just because I liked it.  One strip set was called Beach House and the other was Chocolate Milk.  I wasn't sure what I was going to make with the fabrics until I saw my friends making the Amazing Jelly Roll quilt from 3 Dudes from youtube in March of 2017.  At the March 2018 retreat I made the blocks.

Block Detail

       Then my sister had her wedding shower and she was asking for brown and turquoise items for her bedroom.  That is when I decided these blocks would make a great wedding quilt for her.  It needed to be bigger so I went through my stash and found fabric for the border and cornerstones but nothing for sashing.

Border detail

     I headed to my local quilt store to look for fabric and found the perfect one at Quilter's Destination.  At the October retreat, I put everything together.

Label one


     I cut 3 1/2" strips for the sashing and 8 1/2" strips for the border.  I then took it to my friend Joni to get it quilted.  I made labels with my embroidery machine and added those to the back.  The backing is flannel from JoAnn Fabrics.

Label two

      I finally got the binding all hand stitched by Christmas but I haven't had a chance to give it to my sister yet.  Hopefully I will see her before their first anniversary.

Quilting detail

No comments:

Post a Comment