Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Coral Striped Squares Quilt

Coral Striped Squares Quilt

     My latest quilt.  I bought the beautiful Fat Stack of fabrics from Patched Works in March of 2018. At the same time I bought a pattern, Striped Squares, from Patched works that uses 12 fat quarters.

Block detail

     I found a pretty coral fabric in my stash to use as the background.  I had bought it at Libertyville Sewing Center back in December of 2001.  There are a couple of blocks where the contrast isn't that great but I really liked the coral fabric.

Label 1

      I cut all the pieces at home, there was a lot of cutting!  At retreat in October of 2018 I pieced the squares. At the retreat in March of 2019 I pieced the top.  It helps to have a design wall and friends to help with placement of the squares.

Label 2

     I bought some coral flannel at JoAnn's and then took it all to my friend Joni to have it quilted.  While watching Packers football on TV, I put on the binding.

Quilting detail

     I tried a little something different for the label, added some fill stitches.  It looks okay but I should have used a higher contrast thread for the title and my name.  Not really a problem, I like it and it isn't a gift or anything.   Not sure I would do this quilt again as there was so much cutting but I do like how it turned out and it was pretty easy to put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment