Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Quilt Retreat October 2019

From my morning run

     Just got back from my fall quilt retreat.  I went to Homestead Cabin Retreat in Hillpoint WI.  I joined my friends Eileen, Nancy, Hilda and Carol.  There were two other women there with us also.

Halloween quilt

     I arrived at around 3 in the afternoon on Friday after stopping at Patched Works and Millhouse Quilts.  I started sewing right away and then went for a short run.  That evening I did finish my first quilt top.  I did have all the squares done already so it went together quickly.  I even started on the next quilt top before heading to bed.

Attic window Christmas quilt

     Saturday morning I went for a longer run and then sewed for the rest of the day.  I did finish the second quilt top that evening and started on number three.

Not quite finished

     Sunday morning I didn't feel like running so I just got started on sewing.  I managed to get about two thirds of the center of the next one done.  I had to pack up though and leave by 2.

Quilt by the other Eileen

     It was such fun sewing, eating and talking with all the others.  I also love seeing what everyone else is working on.  I can't wait to go back in the spring.

Quilt by Hilda

No comments:

Post a Comment