Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

New Pillow Covers

New pillow covers

     A previous client came to me wanting to replace some pillow covers.  She had bought them but never really cared for the print.  She found fabric she loved and I told her how much to get.  She then brought me the old covers to copy.  The other thing she didn't like about the old covers was the small zipper opening in the bottom.  I told her my standard is a full length zipper in the bottom of the pillow.

Old pillow covers

   
     I used my handy pillow template from Rowley to cut the square pillow.  It is see thru so I could line up the plaid properly and it includes angled corners to remove the 'dog-ears'.  The other cover was a rectangle so I cut it out using my rotary cutter and ruler.  Then I used a new tool I bought at CWC that eliminates the 'dog-ears'.  Thanks Home Sewing Depot for a nifty tool.

Pillow template tool

     I did use a napped sateen lining for the pillows as the fabric was rather thin.  They turned out great and the client loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment