Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Breathe Deep Event

This is my table from the Breathe Deep Event in Mundelein on Saturday, May 14th. It was a nice turnout with quite a few vendors. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I was busy enough I didn't have a chance to check out what the other vendors were offering. Thanks to JoAnne Lenart-Weary I was able to have a power point slide show running on my computer to help spark some conversation. I will be contacting the winner from my raffle later today. I also met with a real estate agent who had some interesting concepts. I hope she calls to talk more as our conversation was cut short by the need to go in to the brunch.
In class Lauren is making good progress on her purse, Katie finished her zigzagging on her round neck blouse and sewed the shoulder seams and facing in place. Meghan finished her purse. Even with the poor directions it turned out really cute. She is so proud of it. Julia got her facing in her nightshirt with only a few mishaps. She can't wait to sew the side seams so "her underwear won't show". Summer camps are starting to fill up so if you are thinking about it get your registration in soon.
Got a call yesterday from a friend that wants some baby blankets made. I had made some for her grandson as a gift when he was born and her daughter-in-law liked them so much she wants more for her next baby. I just have to remember how I made the first ones :-)
Did my 10 mile run Saturday afternoon after the Breathe Deep Event. It was cold, windy and rainy at times but the run went well. Sunday's Prairie Pedal bike ride was in slightly worse weather. Not too bad when on the roads but the time on the gravel trails was awful. In some places the gravel was so loose I had to walk the bike because I couldn't get any traction. After about 20 some miles I said I couldn't face another set of hills against the wind so we headed for the lunch. It was very good as usual and the hot chocolate was a nice touch. In all we did 23 miles. Another treadmill workout on Monday, it went a little better than the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment