Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What Happened to Spring?


As I sit here writing this blog the temperature is close to 80 and it is only 9AM. It is also muggy out there. It seems like we went from winter to summer. But not to worry because I think it is only supposed to be 50 and rainy and windy on Sunday when we are doing the Prairie Pedal. Oh what joy it is to ride 27 miles in the cold and rain and wind.
Our rest week is over from after the race. On Monday we had a speed workout on the treadmill that saw me stepping off to the side a couple of times just to catch my breath. I signed my daughter and I up for the North Shore Half on June 12th so we are committed once again to this. I think Lauri wants us to be even faster this race. What have I gotten us into? Yesterday when I was doing CompuTrainer and was having a hard time in one segment I thought to myself if Lauri could do the whole 26.2 miles of the run (after doing the bike and swim well) in the Ironman in St. George, Utah with a chest cold and not being able to take a deep breath, I can pedal for another 2 minutes. It took her 6 hours, I can last for a few minutes. What a great inspiration for a coach.

The Christening dress is done. The mom picked it up yesterday and she was just delighted. There should be enough fabric left to make her daughter's First Communion dress in about 7 years. I am looking forward to the challenge. Just had a call from someone who needs 10 blankets monogrammed. We need to set up an appointment and I will get started on those.
Started a pair of bathroom curtains yesterday, just simple white cafes for someone who liked the other ones I did for her but was tired of the color.
In sewing class, I found out two of my girls that took a break to sew costumes for a school play won't be coming back this school year. I will miss them but it means the two new girls will be able to stay until June now so they are very excited. Lauren continues to work on her purse, Katie finished cutting out her round neck blouse and started the zigzagging, Meghan is working on her purse. The directions are difficult for me to understand at times and it is a learn to sew pattern. Not sure who designed this pattern and instructions. Julia finished her zigzagging on her nightshirt and has the shoulder seams sewn. She wanted to sew the side seams right away but I had to explain to her that you need to follow the steps in the right order so things go together properly.
I had a great phone consult with JoAnne Lenart-Weary on Friday. She helped me with several ideas for a show I am doing on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment