Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Raining Again

I am including some photos of a table topper I made. Norma showed us this magic pinwheel technique at one of our ASG meetings. The first photo is the piece sewn with some of the cutting already done. The other photo is the finished project. It was a lot of fun and I hope to do a larger quilt some day using this technique. All the fabrics were from my stash. That is always a good feeling to be able to use stuff you already have.
The weather here has been back and forth from cool, almost cold to summer every couple of days. Fortunately we have been spared the tornadoes that have hit elsewhere so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. The rain is good but I can't get to my garden to plant my tomatoes because it is so wet.
Putting some rolled edges on fabric ties that are used when decorating for weddings at the barn near me. It is using a lot of thread. Bought out all my local JoAnn's store had and had to go to another one to get more. Found some great flannels to make blankets for a friend's new grandbaby up at Sew 'n' Save in Racine WI. Was up there yesterday for Pattie Otto's embroidery club. As usual she had some great ideas.
Lauren finished her purse! She needs to get some cardboard or plastic canvas to stiffen the bottom and sew up the lining but otherwise she is done. Katie finished the facing on her round neck blouse with just a few mishaps and has sewn the side seams. Meghan cut out her ruffle skirt and started on the zigzagging. Julia sewed up her side seams on her nightshirt and started with the hems.
Did a 12 mile run on rolling hills Saturday with my daughter. Had to take a few bathroom breaks, we are still trying to figure this all out. After that it was work in our vegetable plot and then on to our son's new home to help him with his yard work. Spent 3 hours pulling weeds and only got a small section done. He has some nice stuff going on but it was neglected for too long. Sunday my hubby and I rode our bikes from Old School forest preserve to the Robert McClory bike path to the Botanic Gardens and then back up the Skokie Valley path. In all we rode about 30 miles. Sunny but windy. Much nicer than last week's ride. Forgot the sunscreen so I am sunburned now. Can't wait to see what this weekend brings;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment