Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Taxi Cab Quilt

Finished quilt


     I made this quilt at retreat in March.  I had bought the fat quarters the previous quilt retreat and then added the background, binding, backing and flange fabric from Quilt Play near my house.

Black and quilting detail


     I chose a tiny print black for the background and then found a great stripe that I wanted to use for the binding.

Close up of binding and flange


     To make it more fun I cut the binding on the bias and also added a narrow flat flange.

Back


     The backing is the yellow, black and white in a floral print, hence the name of the quilt, Flower Power Taxi Cab.

Label 1


     I added my two labels, one with the name of the quilt and the year.  The other has the info about who pieced it and who quilted it.

Label 2


     This is a fairly easy quilt and I would do it again.  This is the second time I have used this pattern, Quilt in a Day, Hole in the Wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment