Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Twin Set

Finished twin set


     I finally finished something for myself.  I made this twin set from a muted raspberry jersey fabric.

Shell pattern


     For the shell I chose The Monaco Shell from Textile Studio Patterns, view B.  I have made this top many times and I like how easy it is to sew.  I do add a little loop of ribbon in the back neck to make it easier to tell the front from the back.

Cardigan pattern


     For the cardigan I chose Great Copy #2445 view A with alterations.  I was at a fashion show where the contestant modified this top pattern to be a cardigan with tails in the front.  It was done by extending the front crossover piece at the sides and then letting the opposite edge hang free instead of sewing it into the side seam.  It took me a bit to draft the pattern right and then to figure out how to put on the banding.  I do like how it turned out and will probably make another one.

     This color will go well with many different pants, navy, white, black, brown, grey and even blue jeans.  I should get a lot of wear from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment