Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

A Simple Dress

Completed dress

     I made this simple dress in just a few hours.  I had the piece of ponte knit in my stash.  I think I bought it a few years ago at a sewing expo but don't remember why.
     I like the idea of a dress in the summer because they are easy to wear and something plain can be worn so many ways.
Pattern used

     I looked through my patterns and found one that called for the amount of fabric I had on hand.  This one is really quick as it is just two pattern pieces, the back which is cut on the fold and the front that has a seam up the middle to accommodate the tulip hem.
     It went together quickly and fits well.  I did alter the pattern some to adjust it for my smaller top.  I can't wait for some warmer weather to wear this fun dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment