Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

My Latest Race



     We just came back from Greenville SC where it was quite chilly.  My husband and I participated in the Nationals Duathlon Championship race.  We did the standard distance which is usually a 10K run followed by a 40K bike and then a 5K run.  The runs were cut a little short due to road constraints.  The starting temp was 39 and rose to maybe 43, not bad for running but too cold to bike, at least in my opinion.


     The bike part was on a closed off toll road so that was kind of cool to go on and off the ramps and through toll booths without paying :-)
     We have both been training hard in the cold Chicago weather so we at least had the gear necessary to cope with the weather.  I was all set to race hard and get on the podium again like I did two years ago but as I was racking my bike before the start of the race my lower back seized up.  Now the question was do I drop out or do I just try to finish?  I chose to race since I didn't want to waste all my training plus the time and money that we had spent.  I finished 9 out of 11 in my age group so that was okay.
      I have seen my chiropractor once already and will see him a couple of more times this week plus I have a massage scheduled.  Hopefully this will all help so I can get back to working out.  T did try to run this morning but just managed a 1 mile walk.
     Here is a video where you can see what the race looks like.  I do appear in it for a couple of seconds.  Next up is a half marathon in Nashville in two and a half weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment