Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

2017 Christmas Stockings Part 3

Finished stocking with Christmas owls

     My sister wanted a Christmas stocking for her granddaughter.  The theme for my grandniece has been owls.  When she was born I made some owl baby things for her.  Now my sister had been looking for a Christmas stocking with owls but was not able to find one.

Templates in place

     I did a search on line for Christmas owls and sure enough, one of my favorite sites had them, Designs by JuJu.  I picked out three that I liked and printed out templates to help with placement.

Stitching out the first owl

     I used a pattern I had from doing stockings using designs from Embroidery Library.  I did change up the colors because I wasn't sure I really wanted pink and purple owls on a red stocking.

Detail of owl design
 
     I stitched out the designs and then sewed up the stocking.  I added her name to the cuff before assembly using a font in one of my embroidery programs.  It was fun to be able to make a stocking that fit my grandniece perfectly.

Name on cuff of stocking

No comments:

Post a Comment