Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Knit Top and Scarf

Knit top with scarf


      I had originally bought the knit tragic to make myself a twin set.  However I had already made several and I wanted something different.  After buying some tops that were fitted through the shoulders and bust but flared out lower, I realized I liked how they fit and they were flattering for my body type.

Pattern I used


     I found this pattern in my stash and I knew it would work just fine.  Usually I need to adjust the size to make it larger through the waist and hips but since it had so much ease in through there, that was not necessary with this top.




     I used the bias fusible tape to stabilize the shoulder seams and then used the double sided fusible to press up the hems before machine stitching them.  It really helps to prevent stretching while sewing.




   
Close up of scarf

     I went searching through my fabric stash to find a print that would match.  I found this piece that I originally bought to make a skirt.  I am not into print skirts anymore but I knew it would make a pretty scarf.

Knit top

     I did change up the pattern directions a bit.  Usually when I sew a t-shirt I set the sleeves in flat and then sew up the side seam from the hem of the top to the hem of the sleeve.  This pattern called for you to set in the sleeve.  I don't find that necessary when working with knits and just did it my usual way.  Much faster and easier in my opinion.  I really like how this top and scarf turned out, I can't wait for it to warm up a little so I can wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment