Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Velvet Top

Completed top

      I wanted a velvet top for the holiday season.  When I went shopping all I was finding was short sleeve or sleeveless.  I needed something warmer.

Snipping the selvedge edges

     I found a pretty crushed stretch velvet in a pretty cranberry color at JoAnn Fabrics.  I had a pattern in my stash that I had been wanting to try that had a small cowl neck and three quarter sleeves.

Pattern used

     I needed to snip the selvedge edges of the fabric so it would lay flat for me to do my pinning and cutting.  I used my serger for constructing the top and it went together quickly.

 



   I used the bias tape in the shoulders to prevent them from stretching out and I used the double sided fusible to hold the hems in place for easier stitching.




   
Back of the top
     
     A few hours of sewing and I had a comfy, pretty velvet top to wear for the holidays that was much warmer than something sleeveless.

No comments:

Post a Comment