Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Monogrammed Monochromatic Pillow

Monogrammed and monochromatic


     Just because a pillow is monochromatic it doesn't have to be boring.  For this pillow I chose a heavier upholstery weight fabric with an interesting texture.  I monogrammed an initial with a similar color thread and then added a frame of tassel trim in coordinating colors.

Sewing on the covered cord

     After I did that work, I then serged a piece of lining to the back.  This hid all the stitches on the inside.  I then made covered cord and applied it to the pillow front.  When applying the cord I like to have the pillow piece on the top.  This helps to prevent puckers on the pillow.

Detail of the trim with the mitered corner

     I prepared my back with a zipper and it was lined and serged also.  Then it was put together and a pillow form added.  For this one I chose a slightly smaller form so it wasn't as firm as most of the other pillows I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment